Friday 27 May 2016

Stargazer

I've been working on lots of new illustrations this week, and today I have a completed one to share with you.
The idea for this one came from lots of places. I've been trying to include more people and portraits and my work, and I've seen lots of lovely illustrations of constellations lately and wanted to include some in my own work. And of course I'm always a fan of having trees and forests in my illustrations.
I'm also trying to experiment with my work a little bit, using white lines and coloured shapes in the sky part of the image rather than just the brown outline I normally use. I love how this has turned out so I'll be using it in some future illustrations too.


Here's a few images from sketchbook showing all 4 layers of this illustration:



Look out for a new series of 3 'Flower Girl' illustrations coming next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment