Tuesday 8 March 2016

Jack and the Beanstalk

This week I have two illustrations for the latest fairytale from the Fairytales Around the World book, Jack in the Beanstalk. 
I haven't illustrated a quote yet in this series so I thought I'd change that and create something with the most well known line from the story: "Fe, fa, fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman"
Surrounding the quote is a pattern made up of the beanstalk and a cow pattern, representing the cow that Jack sells to obtain the beans at the very start of the story.
Emma Margaret Illustration Jack and the Beanstalk 2016

 The second illustration for Jack and the Beanstalk is of the items that Jack steals from the Giant after seeing them through the keyhole of the wardrobe in which he is hiding.
Emma Margaret Illustration Jack and the Beanstalk 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment