Sunday 23 November 2014

Life: I graduated!

emma margaret illustration

On Thursday I had my official Graduation ceremony back in Southampton.
Seeing as we actually finished back in June, it had been a pretty long wait to officially graduate!

Me, Jamie, Mum and Dad all went down the night before and stayed in a hotel (which happened to be right next to our old flat!) and got up early in the morning to and get my robes (and hat of course!) and have our official photographs taken. I had a bit of an issue with my sash as it kept falling off my shoulders, and Jamie had to run into town to get me some pins!
The ceremony itself was great, we all went up one by one and shook the Vice Chancellor's hand and were given our degree certificates (all with lots of cameras pointed at us!) and then there were a few speeches, including one from Sir Peter Blake who was given an honorary Doctor of Arts degree at the end of the ceremony.
Afterwards it was outside for lots of photos! Including the obligatory throwing our hats in the air, of course. Here's a few of my favourite snaps from the day:







So thats it! I am now officially:
Emma Simpson Ba (Hons) Illustration!

I should also now be getting back to my regular schedule of illustrations and blog posts. And I'll also be carrying on with designing my new range of cards ready to be launched in the New Year!
You can keep up with all of this easily by following me on Instagram @emmamargaretillustration


No comments:

Post a Comment