Monday 20 October 2014

Art: Piled High


Emma Margaret Illustration

Whilst doodling at work last week I ended up filling a page with these little squares of patterns. I think they look like lots of patterned scarves or fabric samples piled on top of each other (which makes sense seeing as I'm dealing with fabric samples during the day at work!). This was done quite quickly without any planning so some of the lines are a bit wobbly and there's quite a few changes I'd make now, but it was great fun to draw and so I decided to scan it in and give it a little bit of colour! 

Some close-ups of the patterns:

Emma Margaret Illustration

Emma Margaret Illustration

I might do some more pages like this during the week, its a great way of coming up with patterns and markings to use in the rest of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment